Considering the foreigner density in various regions of our country, the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Turkey had previously closed 781 neighbourhoods in certain provinces to change the province of residence of foreigners under temporary protection registration, international protection registration, residence permit, temporary protection or international protection and residence permit, except for newborn and nuclear family reunification.
Later, 10 more districts in Istanbul were closed to residence permits by the Ministry of Interior. In Istanbul, Kucukcekmece, Basaksehir, Bagcılar, Avcılar, Bahcelievler, Sultangazi, Esenler and Zeytinburnu, Esenyurt and Fatih districts were closed to all residence permits. In other words, no new foreigner registration will be made in these districts.
As of 20.10.2022, residence permit applications made by showing the address of Avcılar, Bahçelievler, Bağcılar, Başakşehir, Esenler, Esenyurt, Fatih, Küçükçekmece, Sultangazi and Zeytinburnu districts in Istanbul will not be accepted. Some exceptions in the districts;
- Applications of family members of Turkish citizens and Blue Card holders as defined in Law No. 6458,
- Applications of family members of foreigners with residence permits registered in the aforementioned districts as defined in the law,
- Provided that the immovable is located in the aforementioned districts, the applications of foreigners who have a contract of promise to sell immovable property before the restriction date and acquire title deeds after the restriction date, and the applications of foreigners and their family members who have a residential title deed in the aforementioned district before the restriction date and apply for residence permit for the first time after the restriction date (for immovable purposes),
- Applications of foreigners who receive inpatient treatment in the hospital and give the hospital address as their residence address,
- Applications of those who are not working in Turkey but will invest in the scope and amount determined by the President and their family members,
- Residence permit applications of students enrolled in universities located in the aforementioned districts or in institutes/faculties/schools of universities located in these districts,
- Except for residence permit transition applications or extension applications to be made within the legal period in order to change the type of active residence permit in the listed districts,
first residence permit applications will not be accepted.
For detailed information, you can contact us via the link.